5.23.2008

Disgruntled linguists make me laugh

I could provide a really long list of things that annoy me - they're not hard to come by - but rarely do I find them all sandwiched so snugly (and smugly!) together....and in an easily-disseminated format, no less!! The gods smile on me this fine sunny Friday. To wit: I abhor sanctimony, pretense, political correctness, and people who just need to clue you in on how intellectual they really are. (See also: Stuff White People Like for a full description of these sorts of folks.)

Yeah, I'm a bad liberal.

Anyway, the very order of the universe trembles at the existence of this blog. It boggles the mind. It makes me want to post immature things in the comments sections just because these morons are so......pedantic! (I couldn't help myself from posting in the comments section here. Guess which one I am?) The coup de grace? It's totally hosted by U-Penn. Ah, my wonderful alma mater (part one, anyway). Language Log, I salute you. You manage to make me feel dirty about being smart and good with words. Hats off, doucheballs!

No comments: