3.07.2008

Asshat of the Week Award

I've always thought that golf was kind of boring (except when Tiger Woods plays, mostly because he's pretty foxy). However, I would prefer boring to morally depraved any day of the week. That's why, the Asshat Award goes to Mr. Tripp Isenhour (an asshat name if e'er I've heard one).

This PGA pro golfer got annoyed while filming a golf show [insert zzzzz here] by a hawk that was, apparently, commenting on his golf game. Its squawking, he alleges, upset his swing, so he commenced hitting balls at it where it sat in a tree 300 yards away. Now, let me note, this would be dumb enough if it was a live tournament or something, with no do-overs. But this was being filmed for a tv show....all they had to do was roll tape again, no harm, no foul. But apparently it's more fun to hit birds with golfballs.

When the hawk flew closer (wanting revenge? I know I would), the golfer remarked, "I'll get him now!" and, a few shots later, hit the hawk in the head, where it fell to the ground, bleeding out of both nostrils. It died shortly thereafter. How people can take pleasure or amusement by tormenting animals always puzzles me, but this is especially ass. In his defense, the awkwardly named Tripp says, "There was no deliberate intent to hit the hawk. I was merely trying to scare it into flying away." Let me get this straight. For a living, your job is to aim small white balls at small targets hundreds of yards away. You're apparently good enough at this to do it as a day job. And I'm supposed to believe that you don't think you're capable of hitting a larger target from well under driving range distance? Either you have serious self image problems (I would too with a name like Tripp) or you're a lying rat. Let me guess which I believe....

No bad deed goes unrewarded, though, and in addition to getting his bitch self fined, I think that - in his case - revenge will look something like this:

2 comments:

Erin said...

To be truthful, I love watching golf on tv. I find it hypnotically soothing. And the moments when I do come out of a trance - when there's an obnoxious heckler who yells something extremely distracting and stupid like "get it in the hole!" miliseconds before the pro-golfer swings - make me laugh every time. (I LOVE those guys. I'm not being sarcastic.)

So yeah, with all of the golfer-zen skill this man must have to block "get it in the hole!" hecklers, how distracting could a hawk squawk be? Why has he never hit balls at the heckler's face to scare him off? I don't understand.

Anyway, BOOO to the animal killers. And also the soldier who threw the puppy off the cliff in Iraq. He also is no good. :(

Zhenya said...

oh my god don't even get me started on that fucker. court martial him or, better yet, throw him off a cliff.

thank god there's at least ONE serviceperson in iraq who loves pups .... from the story last week on wth. :)