3.04.2008

Sort of like Russian stacking dolls ...

What. The. Hella. ??? If you knew a gigantic snake was stalking your wee yippy little creature, wouldn't you think to - oh, I don't know - supervise your Chihuahua mix? Especially if you knew the snake had been stalking your dog for several frickin' days??!

Now, I am intimately acquainted with animals that digest strange objects. I joke that my beast of a Sheltie, Pushkin, is the $10,000 Dog - because the intestinal surgery that he had to have following ingesting a small piece of plastic while at a boarding kennel cost precisely that much. A few weeks ago, when I turned my back on him for 20 seconds (literally), he swallowed 2 socks and had to go to the vet to barf them up. Just....swallowed them, no chewing, no shredding. So the whole "animals eating weird stuff" phenomenon is nothing new to me. But WTH....if you knew your pup was being stalked by a predatory snake, wouldn't you take some precautions??

As a side note, I'm glad the snake wasn't killed and is being re-released into the bush (presumably away from domestic pets....) It isn't the damn snake's fault that Fido went down the hatch - it's rotten luck or, more likely, poor supervision of one's pets.

No comments: