2.22.2008

Warm & fuzzy thoughts....from the war zone, no less

I'm going to break with form a bit and actually post something...nice. I'm not in any way a mushy person, but I do have an incredible weak spot for animals, and this story really moved me. It's not completely abandoning the WTH tradition - the story of this dog's life has many moments that make you stop and think "what the hella?" (for me, those moments are followed by a burning desire to inflict the same treatment on the asshats who hurt the pup to begin with) - but every once and a while, it's nice to hear a story with a happy ending.

Plus, in a time of cynicism and political turmoil and election year hoopla, it's great to hear a story that makes you, I don't know, feel good about something. I've been a vocal critic of the war in Iraq, and I oppose a lot of the current Administration's foreign policy decisions staunchly - so it's doubly nice to hear a story from the war zone that isn't tragic or infuriating or hollow. And I'm confident that the pup, Nubs, will be living la dolce vita in sunny California....something that, after months of snow here, makes me a wee bit envious!

So, without further ado, the tale of a pup's international exploits, and of the man who decided to do good by him. Hats off, Maj. Dennis.

No comments: