2.29.2008

When bad fashion strikes!

I'll admit it, okay? I am a shameless fashionista. My closet is colour-coordinated. I own more shoes than Imelda Marcos. I put more thought into my outfits than I do into dinner. Many times, I am told that my shoes "aren't practical." True. But compared to these beauties, my 4 in. hot pink BCBG heels (the latest greatest acquisition) seem like, well, hiking boots.



Yeah. Wow. I thought prerequisite numero uno of high heels was, uh, having heels. Take it from one who knows - those shoes would be uncomfortable even with a heel. Sans heel? Agony, pure and simple. I really like how the designer (a man, of course...won't see him tottering about in these, now!) describes them as "dainty." Now where have I heard that before?

Oh right - China, about a century ago. Binding women's feet was also considered dainty - like a lotus flower. Yeah, and that turned out really well. But of course the rich and tasteless will (and already are) snapping these bad boys up like Percoset. The phrase "fashion victim" exists for a reason, after all - and in this case, victim could be quite literal, as I'm pretty sure the laws of physics would simply prohibit walking down a flight of stairs in these particular shoes. "They're not dangerous," the designer insists. Methinks the lady (...) doth protest too much - when else do you buy footwear with such assuring words?

Apparently they were inspired by postmodernism. Right. I'm sure Derrida would be duly impressed. The style resemblance, after all, is uncanny.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha those are ridiculous. have you seen the new marc jacobs from the fall lines i think with the sideways heel or something?? they are equally crazy. but at least there's something back there!

Erin said...

Those shoes are perfect for someone sexually attracted to hoofed mammals. Doesn't she look kinda like a horse? It reminds me of the creepy white stripes video! http://youtube.com/watch?v=QKntY8WkNYQ

Anonymous said...

She does kind of look like she has hooves. Good observation.

Zhenya said...

hahaha oh noooo lauren. maybe they were secretly designed by our favorite bestiality guy from FHOTD ..... !!!