1.16.2008

what the hella, indeed?

New year, new affliction, new me....the last one, not so much. This might be Really Bad Decision numero uno of anno domini 2008 (upon second thought, that honour is probably reserved for the Belvedere & Hershey's chocolate syrup concoction that ushered in the new year) .... at any rate, I have succumbed to peer pressure and here I am, at last, peddling my wares for an anonymous and probably not-so-adoring public.

Names will be changed to protect the guilty when appropriate. As very few things I say tend to be appropriate, this might not be so much of an issue. My blog will attempt to illustrate and then answer that most pressing and timeless of questions, the question that has dogged philosophers and clerics, physicists and poets, since time immemorial ... what the hella?

I stop and ask myself that question roughly once an hour - or more frequently if I am: 1) on public transportation; 2) mingling with the rich and unphotogenic at a swank benefit; or 3) listening to any of the Republican candidates try to credibly explain why they'll be good for America (something I try to avoid doing, in fact). You, too, probably find yourself struggling with this most existential of queries, and I am from this point onward making it my life's mission to boldly go where no sane person dares tred .... and answer - nay, resolve once and for all - that overwhelming question (oh, do not ask, "What is it?") ...

If you are shaking your head and thinking, what the hella?, then this is the beginning of a long and wonderful romance.

4 comments:

The Black Ram said...

This is exactly what the world needs.

Anonymous said...

im pretty sure that horrible excuse for a drink was as much my fault as yours!! haha. at least it was a fabulous night:) & a short lived drink. ha.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, this looks to be a fun blog, Zhenya! I shall be reading :)

Your friend from the fugly blog,
Shannon :)

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HELLA???!!!

Though.....nice, I like.